Monday, March 21, 2011

Toe-ing the Line


Those of you who know me know that I'm not big on rules, but even I cannot avoid the US Post Office regulations.  I needed to make some cards for a friend that would be completely mail-able without extra postage or a trip to the post office.  So, I put on my thinking cap and had to stretch myself to make something that was flat, but still had some "Lori" zing.  I'm really pleased with the result.  I used the Stampin' Up Hostess set called Because I Care and stamped it with Crumb Cake ink.  I then added some Rich Razzleberry ink with a marker using the thumping technique.  (I just thumped the stamp with the marker and little splotches of color appear.)  Then I just had to add some bling with some champagne shimmer paint.  I used a piece of crumpled plastic wrap to add shimmer in just a few spaces.  Love it!  Add the main image to some DSP, ribbon and pearls.  So simple and so fab-u-lous.  I will be making more for my Mom and myself. 


1 comment: