Friday, April 1, 2011

Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow

Being married for 12 years (almost) to a Pittsburgh Steelers fan is always interesting.  I know that, without a doubt, every game will be spent watching and yelling at the television.  I am also aware that the season starts in July (training)  and ends (hopefully) with a SuperBowl win.  {Alas, not this year.}  The intrigue surrounding the arcane rules of rating draft picks are beyond me. It must have something to do with missing a "Y" chromosome.  Songs are even written about the Steelers.  My hubby introduced me to the latest locker room tune, "Black and Yellow".  And it is stuck in my head.  Day and Night.  It's a great song, but it is wearing on my last nerve.   


Consequently, when the latest challenge issued by a good friend (Black, white and one other color) this is the direction I went.  I had a million ideas in my head, but this is the one that finally climbed out.  It was really hard for me to limit myself to just one color---and graphic is really not my style.  However, I have found that when I am being stretched beyond my limits that is when I grow.  Hence, some growth in a new direction.  And I think I like it.  (Even if I am still singing that dang song)

Supplies
Stamps: CTMH Treasure Life, K and Co swirls
Paper:  SU Whisper White, Basic Black, Summer Sun, Day and Night DSP
Ink: SU Summer Sun Craft, Black Staz-on
Accessories:  Big Shot, embossing folder and dies, Clear embossing powder, baker's twine-Martha Stewart, Buttons-SU, Punches-SU

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori! I can't wait to see it in person.....

    ReplyDelete