Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bump in the Night


The Hambo Hoedown Challenge this week was to use scoring in a card.  I chose to to use the "Beast" stamp and the "Bump in the Night" set of Fractured Funnies by Hambo Stamps.  I was going for a dungeon look and decided to score a brick pattern into some vellum.  I also used some Stone Grey Staz-On to grunge up the back side of the vellum.  I attached it to a piece of black cardstock.  I cut a door and attached a piece of chocolate cardstock that had been scored to look like wood.  Then it was just a matter of adding a little ribbon (on sale right now at Hambo) to make it look a little drippy and oozy and dungeon-like.  The monster was colored with Copic markers and spritzed with Goosebumps to give it a pebble-y texture.  Add some card jewelry and viola---a funny card.

4 comments:

  1. Cute card, Lori. I like how the bottom of the monster is peaking out from under the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just absolutely perfect. How creative to use scoring on the door to make a brick pattern. I really, really think this is just adorable!!! Thanks for playing along in the Hambo Hoedown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lori - you outdid yourself with this one! I like every one of the elements here. And I didn't notice the monster peeking out under the door until Michele mentioned it, but it looks almost like ooze! LOL Great job!!

    ReplyDelete