Friday, February 4, 2011

A Little Behind!


Well, y'all know I am a little behind on my scrapbooking (only a couple of years!!) and I, ahem, **HATE** the traditional Christmas color combo of red and green.  It is truly one of my pet peeves.  I am not good at following "rules" so I had to try my own twist on a Christmas scrapbook layout. 

I used a retired Stampin' Up Designer Paper called Island Oasis and pulled my layout colors from there.  I used Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, and a lot of Rose Red.  The Swirly die and Island Floral dies are from Sizzix.  The "light bulb" is actually a leaf.  I didn't come up with the idea, but I really don't know where I saw it first so I cannot credit the originator.  The double page spread will accommodate 6 large photos and still has enough white space to not be overwhelming. 

I plan on getting the pics on, once I get around to having them printed.  You know, I am a little behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment