Saturday, February 12, 2011

Making Valentine's



Today's post is brought to you by Saint Valentine.  My son, James, and I had to make a "bazillion" valentines for school (really only about 25, but you know how kids will exaggerate).  We chose a simple and not to "girly" a design and knocked them out.  I had purchased some Jolly Rancher lollipops and we built a little cover for them.  The dimensions are 6 1/4 inches by 2 3/4 inches.  Score the paper at 1/4, 3, 3 1/4, and at 6 inches.  Fold along the score lines.  Punch a hole in the bottom for the stick and add your embellishments.  I used a retired SU set called "Whooo's your Valentine".  It hard to find something valentine without being mushy.  I then added his named stamped on the back, because he was exausted (read: bored) and just couldn't find the energy to sign his name so many times.  Luckily, I had a wonderful clear mount alphabet called Rough Type.  I could just make his name, stamp and punch.  Easy Peasy. Then, I repeated the task with Jake only in Wild Wasabi.  Thankfully, this holiday is over for the year.
Supplies:  SU Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White cs, Rich Razzleberry ink, Modern Label, Hearts Trio and 2 1/2 inch scalloped circle, Whoo's your Valentine and Rough Type Alphabet, Rich Razzleberry ribbon and Dimensionals. 

1 comment: