Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wishing You Sunshine

I am definitely missing Summer.  I received some new Close to my Heart stamps on Friday (thanks, Sandy) and just had to play with the wonderful images from Splendid Day.  They are so whimsical and I didn't even use the tree and tire swing image.  That will be a in later post.  Anywhoo, I pulled out some pics and came up with this bright and summery layout featuring our Virginia Beach trip two years ago.  Yes, I am a little behind. 

I love the combo of Summer Sun and Pacific Point DSP (both retired Stampin' Up)  and just had bring some sunshine into this homage to Pap-Pap with his grandsons.  I did a little paper piecing on the kites and really like the dimension it gives.  I may have to do more of that. The only thing I'm not sure about is the use of the red string on the kites.  Should it be white?  Hmmm.  What do you think?  Leave a comment and there might be some blog candy available.  I'm just saying... 





3 comments:

  1. Lori, I love the kites! And you're right, this is a great color combo for summer. Super cute! Sure wish you'd offer a class for this. Hint, Hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Lori!!! You're only 2 years behind --- my son just turned 10 and I am only up to his first birthday.... Love the paper piecing and the tails on the kites. You make me really want summer to hurry up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red kite strings- it "ties" in with your red book ties. I love the summer colors you used and will have to remember them when I scrapbook my summer pix to PA. TFS!

    ReplyDelete