Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Response to a Challenge


I made this card in response to a Design Challenge issued by Simply CindyCrafts http://www.simplycindycrafts.blogspot.com/  Here is a picture of the layout and colors to be used.

Luckily I had the DSP from K and Co. already laying out on my desk.  The stamps are from Bloomin' Beautiful (SU) and Treasure Life (CMTH).  I've been on a vintage kick lately so, of course, I had to sponge it, texturize it and add some bling.  I even broke out my blender pen and inks to color everything.  Botanical images are my favorite things to color.  I'm not a pink kind of girl, so I really had to think about how to incorporate the prescribed colors without it being to sweet.  Thanks Cindy for making me stretch myself.  Below is the inside of the card.  Decorated because it has to be as pretty as the outside.  You can really see the Smooch Spritzers (Vanilla and Log Cabin) in this pic. 

3 comments:

  1. Lori - it is GORGEOUS! I'm not a vintage gal, but you rocked this challenge and I love it! Thanks so much for joining our challenge. I'll be posting on my blog and will connect to yours. One more gush; your coloring is so fantastic - there is a lot of depth to the flower image. How'd you do that??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love , love this card!!! That flower is one of the prettiest that SU! has ever had. I also love how you textured the DSP. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete