Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just Havin' Some Fun in 3-D


I purchased some wooden picture frames a while ago with the intention of altering them and selling them at a local craft show.  The craft show didn't happen and I had a stack of these wooden frames sitting around taking up space and gathering dust.  Since 3-D is an art form that I struggle with when papercrafting, I thought I'd push myself and give it a whirl.  I didn't make any rules for myself and just let the creative juices flow.  I'd put something up and then move it, then take it away, then put it back.  You know the drill.  In the end, I really like what happened and I think I'll display it close to the front door.  My art rotates throughout the house, so you can never be sure what you will find.  The boys' artwork is also rotated in and out of some cheap black frames.  Once it goes in a frame, it instantly becomes "art".  Did you know that?  Have some fun today and push your boundaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment