Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lots to show!

While I haven't been the best blogger lately (mea culpa), I have been very busy in the old craft room.  I will break it up into a few posts over the next couple of days to make it quicker to load all the pics.  Today's batch of pics is a "Think Pink" swap that was I hosted at my house a few weeks ago.  See my previous post for the make and takes.  The only rule was that they should include some pink on the card. 

The first is from my dear friend, Kacey.  She is one of my oldest friends here in Forest, VA.  I really love how she incorporated texture and watercoloring together.  She used an SU stamp with the Magnolia Blossom that reminds her of her home state, Mississippi.


This is a card from my bestie, Michele.  I love how she used added just enough bling to make it fabulous, but still left it flat to make it mailable without additional postage.  Mine always cost extra.



This next card is from another SU friend , Jen.  She has the job I always wanted (a librarian) and has been to Hawaii (a place I want to go.)  Can you tell I'm a little jealous?  She was inspired to use a stamp from the Tropical Party (SU) set which is sadly retired.  I have used my set many times and simply love its versatility.  I used it to make a wonderful album for my Aunt Nancy which was blogged previously. 


The final card is my own.  I made it for the swap and then decided to give away the Ephemera plaques instead (see a previous post).  They didn't have much (or any) pink on them, but what is the point of being a Rogue if you don't break the "rules"?????

1 comment: