Friday, July 1, 2011

And a couple more



Here are the rest of the cards I designed for the Stampin' Rogues.  One uses a stamp available from Stampin' Up that I thought was just perfect for this weekend.  Although picnics, baseball games and fireworks are nice, this card reminds me that the Fourth of July is truly about freedom.  I am so blessed to live in a country that allows me to express myself in any form.  p.s. the paper is Fanfare from Close to my Heart.


The next card is all about a monochromatic approach. I used the new Wisteria Wonder paper from Stampin' Up and another of their In-Colors called Concord Crush.  The Wisteria paper is a true blue-ish lilac and is gorgeous.  When SU redifined their color palette last year they removed most of the purple shades (to my dismay.)  I am glad that they listened to their customers and added another purplish shade back in.   I would have loved to use the new SU ribbon that matches the Wisteria paper, but it is still in a box somewhere in Utah.  Come on Mr. UPS man.  I love that little brown truck that drops off goodies.  I hope y'all have a great Fourth. 




1 comment:

  1. These cards are just beautiful... So nice to see you have time to stamp again!!! I love the monochromatic card.. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete