Monday, July 25, 2011

Hambo-licious

The other night I went to a FAB-U-LUS girls' night out at my friend, Beverly's house.  She is currently a member of the Hambo Design Team and she had a bunch of fun make and takes for us as well as the company's owner, Monica.  Of course, I had to get a couple (dozen) stamps.  Hambo's tag line is "Go Ahead, Laugh at Us".  And their stamps deliver the giggles.  Check out their Online Store if you want a few stamps.  Nothing naughty, just a tad irreverent.  My kind of humor.

The first 4 cards were designed by Beverly and executed by me.  Luckily, I didn't spill on them.  I did, however, spill all over Michele and Kacey.  Sorry Girls.  And I wasn't even tipsy---just my normal clutzy self. 





These last cards are my own creations.  The first one is part of the weekly Hambo Hoedown Challenge.  I was supposed to pick a color that I rarely use and go monochromatic with it.  Well, purple is not my thing so I really had to search to find some purple papers.  Luckily, I found some in the dark recesses of my paper keeper.  I think I will call her "Priscilla the Dancing Pig".  And, of course, and pig named Priscilla needs lots of bling.  BTW, these stamps were part of the Hambo Goodie Bags that we all received.  Yippee.


These last cards are a variation of each other.  I used the "Beast" stamp from Hambo and one of their Fractured Funnies stamps.  I think his name will be Eustis.  He was colored with my new favorite toys, Copic Markers and then sprayed with a product called "Goosebumps" from Tsukineko.  It adds a bumpy texture without having to heat emboss it.  Kinda cool, huh? I hope you have a Hambo-licious kind of day.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time with Beverly & Monica. Love all of your cards. Your purple pig is perfect for this week's challenge & I like all of the bling you've added. Thanks for playing in the Hoedown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards all turned out great -- and I had such a fun time stamping next to you! I'm so happy that you joined our Hoedown challenge with your purple booty-shakin' pig! Cute card, as are the beastly ones. Thanks for sharing them ALL with the Hoedown gang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are just fabulous, but the monochromatic one makes me giggle. OF COURSE a purple pig named Priscilla needs bling!! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Hambo Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, thanks for coming to stamp with us.. You know I just LOVE your work. That Priscilla is SOME pig.. wowie.. and purple to boot-y.. hahaha! Thanks for joining the Hoedown, girlfriend. Hope you can be a rebel and join us again for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete