Sunday, July 24, 2011

Just Scraps

Here are some of the latest things to come out of the craft parlor aka "Mommy's Room".  I had a load of scraps leftover from classes where I had cut cards for people were no-shows or there were extras leftover.  In some cases, I stuck to the original design, but in others, I changed or added things, especially some of my new favorite stamps (really, I love them all).    Our church has a card ministry and they will be donated to them for the annual craft show and bake sale to raise money to purchase more supplies.  I hope they will find good homes.

This card features a Stampin' Up (SU) set from the new catty "Snow Much Fun".  I really love the primitive/country snowmen.  Too cute.  He was colored with my new (squeal !!!!) copic markers that I got for my birthday. 

This card is an original design from a friend, Sherrie Gough.  She specializes in clean and graphic cards.  This one is perfect for mailing.  The floral stamp is SU's "Tropical Party" (now retired, sigh).


The next card also features SU products, especially the cute "Aviary" set. This set is still available in the current catty.  It also uses the Big Shot and a special die that allows you to move a shape around and punch a window. 



The next 2 cards are essentially the same with the exception that one was stamped and heat embossed and the other was stamped and dry embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder from SU.  The Sunflower is a new background stamp from SU.  And as always, I had to give it a "Lori" touch with some "danglies" (that is a word, you know).



The next 2 cards feature the SU stamp "Best of Everything" and their new Domestic Goddess designer paper.  Not a big fan of the large graphics on the one side, but love the small plaids and prints on the other.  I'm so glad their paper is double sided.  And the colors are so retro---40's and 50's inspired.



This final card was part of a kit from SU.  I didn't have the stamp they originally included with the kit, but I substituted the retired "Soft Summer" set instead.  The colors are Always Artichoke and Cameo Coral.  This is a beautiful combo in real life, but the photo doesn't do it justice.  My next post will be all about the fun time I had at a Hambo Make and Take Party.  Stay Tuned.



2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you at the Farmer's Market last weekend! I'm excited for you about the Copic markers, I just bought my first Copics over the 4th of July weekend and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Can't wait to see what else you create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, these cards are breath-taking! I am so glad you took the time to share them and I am so glad I got to see them in person. Thank you for the snowman card. I have shown it to everyone. I'm not one who generally hoards cards, but this one I plan to frame and hang on my wall. Thanks so much! Can't wait for your next post.. eek!

    ReplyDelete